Shark vs Dyson: Which Brand Is the Best?
Shark and Dyson are very popular vacuum brand in the market. When you go for the comparison of shark vs dyson, you will see both of the vacuum brands utilize the same technology. Even properly described their vacuum designs share other similar feature. For example, there remains switch for choosing whether you want the brush to move if you are vacuuming carpets or you want it to remain stationary for floors without carpet. Yes, the comparison is sometimes more difficult between these two popular vacuum cleaner.
Both of the brands prefer to use of bagless containers for collecting dust and dirt. However, pricing also differentiates the brands of shark and dyson. Well, in this article I will not just talk about the popularity and marketing. I will try to get the real point and show the technical stuff like durability, usability, filtration, suction power, attachments that define these two are not actually similar, to each other.
Shark vs Dyson Real Comparison Here
There are lots of vacuum cleaners in the market. You can't say a specific one the best vacuum cleaner at a glance. Because of you have to know what you are getting from them, what is the greatest thing about them, what are the drawbacks everything. In an analysis, it came out people are mostly spending their time in cleaning near about 1-2h per day.
As for this, my personal recommendation says every household should equip with a device that enhances this activity. Here a great vacuum cleaner can put some contribution and make cleaning a little bit pleasant as house cleaning is kind of boring. Nobody expects to buy a product that will utterly prove to be not worthy. In this case, you can search for all the little things or all the tiny details that will fit together into making a great vacuum cleaner. At first let you know about the top two vacuum cleaner in the market, the shark, and the dyson.
This is nothing short of a task of seconds because when you compare with shark and dyson these will feel similar in many points to an uninformed buyer. Whatever happens, the matter is not real, at all. There exist remarkable underlying differences between the top two popular brands of the vacuum cleaner. With this intention, I show some comparison below to help you decide which one is more suitable for you.
About Shark Vacuum Cleaner:
Whenever people think about vacuum cleaners, the most common name seems to come in mind is the Shark vacuum cleaner. In this addition Shark is a name that ensures you are investing into a brand and represents quality with a time-honored reputation. This could be the reason Shark gained so many customers popularity within a very short time. To make this way easier you can play some key factors in finding the Vacuum Cleaner for your home.
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional (NV356E)
2-in-1 Vacuum: Upright and Lift-Away
Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick (SV1106)
Powerful and lightweight. Portable and versatile
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)
3-in-1 Vacuum - Upright, Powered Lift-Away, Canister
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum (NV352)
3-in-1: Upright, Lift-Away Pod, Convenient Canister
Shark Navigator Deluxe Vacuum (NV42)
Brushroll Shutoff. Deep carpet and floor cleaning
Different Type of Shark Vacuum Cleaners
Three types of Shark vacuums are available in the market. In these three types, each of them has their own aspects and a little bit different from each other. To find out the difference between shark vs dyson these three types of Shark vacuum cleaners are important to know.
1. Rotator Shark Vacuum Cleaner
I think the name explains itself. The rotator vacuum cleaners have swivel steering and design in very ergonomic way. Besides this type of shark cleaner made a little more heavy duty to take on deep cleaning.
2. Navigator Shark Vacuum Cleaner
This kind of shark vacuum cleaner is the more likely traditional type. Well, these are lightweight, well made and easy to maneuver around furniture. You can say this useful but not anything like fancy.
3. Rocket Type Shark Vacuum Cleaner
At a first glance, you might feel it a little bit different from others. Yes, these are noticeably different with the motor unit located near the handle. That is to say, these are easy to maneuver, lightweight and capable of cleaning more efficiently.
Some Features of Shark Vacuum Cleaner
What is the best vacuum cleaner primarily depends on what you are looking for? Because of there are numbers of features in vacuum cleaners but what is the appropriate one for you no one can tell this, except you. Yet at the primary stage, you obviously want to get something, which has enough powerful suction power. Here I tell you some common features of Shark vacuum machine below. I hope this will be helpful for you in the term of comparison between Shark and Dyson cleaners.
One of the common features of all shark vacuum machines is portable. Whenever you require moving around your vacuum cleaners into multiple areas of your house Shark models are best. You will be glad to see them lightweight and portable. In most of the cases, carrying a heavy cleaner up and down a set of stairs proved to be cumbersome. So this is a plus point for you buying Shark models. For example, the model of Shark Rocket HV302 is an ultralight upright that weights just a little over seven pounds.
Yes, another reason to like shark canister vacuums. Sometimes the bagless options prove to be beneficial for you because it eliminates the need to buy multiple bags. As well as it can save you money in the end. Not only this has if you like to see the amount of dirt that is actually picking up each time you use it even you can consider the option better for you.
In shark and dyson comparison, this could be optional or compulsory for you. Due to it depends completely on you. Although which areas you plan to clean will define the needs of attachments, yet you will also need these attachments for other many terrains cleaning your home. For one thing, I can say a unit with multiple attachments like a crevice tool and a dusting brush will increase the versatility of your machine.
About Dyson Vacuum Cleaners:
The vacuum cleaners of Dyson are innovative and unique. In this regard, the Dyson devices use “Root Cyclone Technology”. To let you know this is a suctioning technology that ensures all the dust, pollen, dander, hair get into the device instead of being airborne. Besides this, the cleaners have a rotating ball for increasing suction and easy turning. Due to the fact, Dyson becomes all time favorite to pet owners. It does a good job of picking the pet hair including the long ones. To tell you honestly guys, about dyson vs shark I admit Shark has the similar feature of their own. But few real users complained the feature is not as much as effective like this Dyson one. Because of the pet hair entangled in the cleaner and it has to cut down or disentangle.
Dyson 206900-01 Ball Multi Floor Upright Corded Vacuum
Upright Vacuum, Self-adjusting cleaner head, HEPA filtration
Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum
Motorized cleaner head for all floor types
Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum
Radial Root Cyclone technology, Reconfigured brush bar, Extra Tools
Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum
Two cleaner heads, machine HEPA filtration, Cord-free, Hassle-free.
Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless Vacuum
Lightweight, easy-to-carry, powerful bagless upright vacuum
Some Features of Dyson Vacuum Cleaner
Let's know about the common features offered by the Dyson vacuum cleaner -
To keep a home free from unwanted particles related a lot with changing single-use filters. Sometimes Dyson offers two filters one is a post motor filter and the other one can call HEPA filter. The post motor filter can remove the smallest particles and remain a place cleaner for a long time. Another one is High-Efficiency Particulate Filter, which promises to remove 99.97 percent of dust, smoke particles and allergens. In this addition, the benefit is HEPA filter doesn't require replacing. Up to twelve hours it can keep the drying and once every six months of usage it needs washing in warm or soapy water.
In the comparison of dyson vs shark, the original Dyson vacuums are slightly larger. Due to the root cyclone technology, these need to be powerful enough and right sizes to remove dirt and particles from the sensitive carpets. Hence, its ergonomic design techniques offer lightweight feature with a carrying handle. As a result, it has become right balance and easy transport from room to room. On top of that, the shape of the handle made it easier to clean difficult to reach places. It helps you to move forward, backward and side-to-side with ease. At the same time, some sorts of attachments come with the Dyson models like stair tool, crevice tool, brush tool etc to make cleaning effortless.
Special Technology- Most of the vacuums offered by Dyson uses the latest Root Cyclone technology. This technology brings an easy solution to avoiding bags for collecting the dirt. With this in mind, it passes through a series of spirals at high speed and forces the particles of dirt outwards. In this way, all the dirt falls to the bottom and collects without the needs of a bag.
Best Upright Vacuums Comparison (Shark Vs Dyson)
When you will go for shopping, you never know which canister vacuum is right for you. If you really want to know which one will suit, you go through this Shark vs Dyson comparison article. I tried to pick the two models of Shark and Dyson that may fit the need of many customers.
This time I pick Shark Rotator Professional NV501 and Dyson Ball Multi Floor vacuum cleaners. Hopefully, this will be helpful for you to choose the best upright vacuum of your needs.
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501
The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 is a bagless, upright vacuum and has a forward thinking mechanism. Do you know what the most attracting part of the body is? Okay, I will give the answer; it is the lift away feature. A wand detaches and the canister of the body part of the vacuum made it a nice combination. As a result, it transforms into a more portable canister style device. As we know there are some hard to reach places we can't go normally and face a great deal of trouble, this is a plus point there. Especially you will get the benefit for the stairs or the interior of car areas.
- It has very good cleaning performance on both carpet and bare floor.
- Come with premium pet power brush, picks up pet hair and debris.
- Its HEPA filtration prevents allergens from coming back out.
- It has a long flexible hose and wand plus the ability to separate the body from the floor nozzle.
- Moreover, swivel feature makes it easy to maneuver on the carpet.
- Few customers complained it's heavier than other model but do the job perfectly.
- There might become a question with the durability of the plastic parts.
Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum
This model features Dyson’s unique ball technology. In terms of comparison between dyson vs shark for pet hair, the design of this unit is impressive. In the body structure, it comes with pivots on top of a ball shape. In this way, it creates a tighter turning radius point and provides better maneuverability.
Some interesting features present in this machine that you will definitely like to have. The first one is the self-adjusting cleaner head. The benefit of having this one is it automatically changes the height of the vacuum head to adapt the floor type. Besides, it instructs the vacuum across the hardwood floors and carpets continuously.
Another prominent feature of this model is it designed to be easy to carry up and down stairs. Do you know that it is 30% quieter than Dyson’s previous generation small vacuum? Yet it still doesn't compromise on performance. In this regard, James Dyson, eponymous founder of Dyson claimed they have compressed Dyson technology into a compact body. In this way, they are producing an ever more advanced and light upright machine.
- The vacuum is easy to maneuver.
- It does an excellent performance on both hardwood floors and most carpets.
- Most of the buyers praised about its strong suction power.
- The hose extension is a favorite feature, which allows you easy cleaning on tricky areas.
- Provide 25% more reach than Dyson’s previous small upright machine.
- Some users though the suction power is so high, it might damage their carpets.
- Another complains come from customers that the machine left pet hair behind.
Similarities and Dissimilarities Between the two models
- There are some slight similarities and dissimilarities between these two models. At first, if I want to describe the Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor vacuum it is a bagless vacuum cleaner. It uses a “Cyclone System” to maintain suction and trap the dirt it filters from the air. In this addition among the three manufacturers who certified as asthma and allergy friendly, this Dyson model is one of them. On the other side, Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away NV501 makes the task easy to “lift away” the body away from the floor nozzle and carry it around. At this way, it reduces the weight, you’ll need to lug around.
- One physical difference is Shark Rotator Professional NV501 is slightly heavier for an upright in the comparison of Shark vs Dyson. It weighs 15.5 pounds whereas Dyson Small Ball weighs 12 pounds. Therefore, the ball technology of it designed to make steering easy, even in tight spots. IN this addition, the Shark Rotator comes with Advanced Swivel Steering and LED lights. It provides you an excellent control for maneuvering around furniture. On the other side, Dyson Small Ball saves storage space. Its retractable handle saves up to 50% more storage space than a full-size upright vacuum.
Best Stick Vacuums Comparison (Dyson Vs Shark)
In the beginning of the competition, you should know both of these models have a great value to the users. Due to the fact, these are the latest lightweight cleaners from shark and dyson. Only major difference is Shark Truepet is a corded vacuum and Dyson V6 is a cordless vacuum cleaner.
The cleaning performance of them is good enough and provides excellent suction power. With this in mind, in the comparison of shark vs dyson, Shark’s performance is adequate to use as a main cleaner of home. Neither have you had to use Dyson as a secondary cleaner nor for a small home usage.
In the meantime, both of them gained a lot of customer reviews and good rating. So let's see what make them popular in choice-
Shark Rocket Truepet Corded HV322 Vacuum
Shark Truepet HV322 is a newer version of Shark Rocket HV302. That is to say, HV322 comes with a bunch of additional accessories, features and with an improved suction power. You can say it a superb performing lightweight vacuum cleaner in comparison of shark vs dyson. There are no chances of losing power as like, Dyson because of it's a corded vacuum machine. Moreover, the performance of it quite improved from the model SV1106. It is portable, corded and inexpensive.
- Lightweight and improved power suction.
- Wall mount for easy storage.
- Include lots of accessories for making cleaning task easy.
- It is much cheaper and more powerful than Dyson V6 Absolute.
- Provide five years limited warranty.
- It doesn't stand up on its own.
- It has small dirt cup, which sometimes not suit everyone.
Dyson V6 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum
Dyson V6 is one of the top choices for the users because of it are the best lightweight cordless vacuums in the market. When most of the cordless vacuums live by a limitation of short battery life, this model comes with a better battery life. However absolute is a top range model in the V6 range. The price tag might match with your budget if you are ready to spend any amount to get a good quality cleaner. By the way, you will get multiple kinds of the additional tool with this model if you compare between shark vs. dyson.
- Use direct drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to clean any hard to clean dust or even more dirt.
- It is cord free, so may be hassle free.
- It is able to clean hard floors and carpets for having two cleaner heads.
- HEPA filtration used and added extra tool.
- It is quite expensive. Otherwise, a good alternative could be the entry level V6 cordless vacuum.
- There is no way of swapping out the battery with a spare. That's why when you run out of time, you must have to wait to recharge your battery.
Similarities and Dissimilarities between These Two Models
If you consider about the performance in dyson vs shark for pet hair, V6 Animals performs better than Rocket Truepet specifically when you go for picking up pet hairs. This is a matter of satisfaction. It receives a countable score and reviews in pet hair cleaning as well as surface cleaning. As Dyson multi-floor holds a slight edge over the Rocket Truepet, the result is incredible. Even for cleaning deep carpets, it works great.
These two stick vacuums have washable filters and feature HEPA filtration system. The way these offer an improved air quality that a full-size vacuum can, this is indeed a pleasant surprise for pet owners with allergies. By the way, Shark professional costs less, than Dyson animal, you can check them.
If you ask me about the drawback of Dyson Animal, it is the short life of the battery. The battery goes well for a small apartment but a single charge doesn't offer enough power for cleaning a wide house. Likewise, the positive side is it extremely lightweight which you appreciate. Hence, it helps you to clean the interior of car, staircase and the ceiling. Instead of using, it for cleaning your whole house you will like it more as a supplementary vacuum for tackling small messes. In terms of weight, the Rocket Truepet is not heavy but almost twice of Dyson vacuum. Nonetheless, the Truepet shines more in extended surface cleaning and pet hair removing.
Best Canister Vacuums Comparison (Shark Vs. Dyson)
You may agree with me buying a top quality vacuum cleaner is a significant yet worthwhile investment for home. So as I mentioned above dyson vs shark vacuum cleaner, these two models always set in an advanced move in the competition. These will give you unsurpassed cleaning power, convenience, and ease of use. So before purchase a high-end vacuum, you need to find out one best model that will satisfy all your cleaning needs and individual lifestyle. For example, let's find out the difference between my two favorite models Shark Navigator Lift Away Professional NV356E and Dyson DC39 Ball Multifloor.
Shark Navigator Lift Away Professional NV356E
This model is an ideal choice for upholstery and stair cleaning. These two cleaning task considered the toughest job but the Shark Navigator Professional NV356E will help you make this toughest job easier. This vacuum cleaner comes with dust away hard floor attachment and two washable microfiber pads.
As a result, it makes the tool effective to clean pet hair off stairs, hard floors, upholstery and a variety of carpeted surfaces. However, the device is highly maneuverable and lighter than most. By using the best canister vacuum, you can clean many hard to reach nooks crannies. You don't need to bend down to reach these places, unlike other models. Rather it makes cleaning the hardwood stairs a breeze through the rooms in a few minutes.
- It is portable, carry from one place to another with ease.
- It has a good performance in removing pet hair with the motorized brush.
- It's easy to use and maneuver.
- You will get a two-in-one vacuum, Upright and Lift Away for portable cleaning.
- Include lots of accessories as like crevice tool, dusting brush, pet power brush etc.
- Its irritating to clean the roller of it.
- It might mess your hand while cleaning the surface.
Dyson DC39 Ball MultiFloor Pro Canister Vacuum
To start with, Dyson DC39 is different from the previous animal model, as the former doesn't include a triggered floor tool. It has an ergonomic handle for easy vacuuming. Further, it comes with a wide wand that allows you to reach for drapes, upholstery, stairs and more. Whenever you need, you can turn off the brush bar from the handle for delicate rugs and bare floors.
Its HEPA filtration helps to prevent dust and dirt from polluting the air while you are cleaning. Another good thing about the cleaner is how all of the pieces fit together. Due to Dyson’s design, each of the parts can interchange with another part. Moreover, it is hygienic to evacuate since you don't have to touch any dirt. However, it comes with two power levels for different cleaning tasks. It weighs 17.3 pounds and provides helpful features that users require.
- It requires no bending down, easy to use.
- The turbine tool with the brush bar provides full control at the handle.
- It is one of the certified asthma and allergy friendly vacuum.
- Moving the machine around the home is convenient.
- It can capture more dirt and microscopic dust in the bin.
- Only a few customers claimed the weight of the arm with the brush is heavy.
- It might need more frequent cleaning.
Similarities and Dissimilarities between the Two Models
- In the comparison between it found Dyson DC39 Ball MultiFloor Pro Canister uses a modern Radial Root Cyclone ™ technology. Thus, you can clean your area even at the mid night. Since it engineered for reduced noise level, it will not interrupt during your conversation over the phone. In opposite Shark Navigator Lift Away NV356E comes with an Anti-Allergen complete seal technology. It can trap 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner.
- In overall, the Shark Navigator weighs 13.7 pounds while the Dyson one weighs 17.3, which is a little bit heavier. Not only this has Shark improved the look and feel of the Pro version that is hard to match for Dyson.
- Well, the main advantage of using the Dyson DC39 is it is cyclonic, cordless and bagless. To tell in a more specific way Shark Navigator Lift Away Professional NV356E needs some more improvement to reach the level of DC39. On the other hand, it's cheaper in price with Dyson, so this could be a balance. Anyways, in this comparison, Dyson DC39 has lots of reason to like. So either pick Dyson or Shark you will get a bunch of good features yet you might compromise with any of them.
Best Cordless Vacuums Comparison (Shark Vs. Dyson)
In the beginning of the competition, you should know both of these models have a great value to the users. Due to the fact, these are the latest lightweight cleaners from dyson vs shark for pet hair. The first similarities between these two models are both of them are cord free vacuum cleaner.
The cleaning performance of these is good enough and provides excellent suction power. With this in mind, in the comparison of these two vacuum brands Shark’s performance is adequate to use as a main cleaner of home. Neither have you had to use Dyson as a secondary cleaner nor for a small home usage.
In the meantime, both of these gained a lot of reviews and good rating for this products. So let's see what make them popular in choice-
Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum SV1106
Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum is a cordless, bag free powerhouse. Anyone would like this because of its extra large capacity, easy empty dust cup, and washable filter. With this in mind, the vacuum designed to maneuver into and out of tight places.
It can keep charges that last about fifteen minutes. Such a good machine is difficult to find under $100, which you will get here. In fact, all the consumers highly recommend this to use and loved the ways it cleans pet hairs on bare floor and carpet. Further, the cleaning machine equipped with a motorized brush roll. Thus, it ensures for easy cleaning.
- It is versatile as well as portable, weighs only 7.5 pounds.
- It has the ability to clean larger debris and has an opening in the middle of the base.
- Provide rechargeable cordless convenience.
- It gives premium pet hair pick up throughout the home.
- On top of that, its rubberized wheels minimize scratching on hard surfaces.
- If you want, you can replace the battery.
- It might not give a good result for deep cleaning.
- It has the relatively short runtime, in particular for carpet.
Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum
Dyson V8 is one of the top choices for the users because of it are the best lightweight cordless vacuums in the market. When most of the cordless vacuums live by a limitation of short battery life, this model comes with a long battery life. However absolute is a top range model in the V8 range. The price tag might match with your budget if you are ready to spend any amount to get a good quality cleaner. By the way, you will get multiple kinds of the additional tool with this model if you compare between dyson vs shark.
- One of the extremely lightweight cleaning machines weighs only at 5.8 pounds.
- Provide soft roller cleaning head for cleaning hardwood floors.
- It offers strong HEPA filtration that captures allergens and expels cleaner air.
- This new addition has improved its dirt emptying mechanism.
- Give longer run time (max 40 minutes).
- It is cord free, so ensures it is hassle free.
- Perhaps it is the most powerful cordless vacuum in the market today.
- For extremely budget-oriented users, the price might not suit them.
- Even after increasing the capacity, the dirt bin is still small.
Similarities and Dissimilarities between These Two Models
- If you consider about the performance, Dyson V8 Absolute Cord Free Vacuum performs better than Shark Navigator Freestyle. Specifically, when you want to go for picking up pet hairs. This is a matter of satisfaction. It receives a countable score and reviews in pet hair cleaning as well as surface cleaning. As Dyson V8 holds a slight edge over the Navigator Freestyle, the result is incredible. Even for cleaning deep carpets, it works great.
- These two stick vacuums have washable filters and feature HEPA filtration system. The way these offer an improved air quality that a full-size vacuum can, this is indeed a pleasant surprise for pet owners with allergies. By the way, Shark Navigator costs less than, Dyson V8 Absolute, you can check them.
- If you ask me about the drawback of Dyson V8 Absolute, it is the short dirt bin capacity. Otherwise, it has 150% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cord free vacuum. Its direct drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove more dirt. On the other hand, Shark Navigator is not that much heavier too. Its positive side is lightweight which you will appreciate. Hence, it helps you to clean the interior of car, staircase and the ceiling. Instead of using, it for cleaning your whole house you will like it more as a supplementary vacuum for tackling small messes. Nonetheless, Shark Navigator SV1106 offers more extended cleaning without interruption. For extended surface cleaning and pet hair removing it has an impressive result.
Best Pet Vacuums Comparison (Dyson Vs. Shark)
In searching of the best vacuum for pet hair, my top two picks are Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away NV752 and Dyson DC65 Animal complete. The model of Shark is another advancement of Shark vacuums. It especially designed it for those with pets and pet hair to vacuum. In particular, this vacuum gives you a combination of lightweight upright along with a detachable lightweight canister vacuum. It often feels a tough competition between these two popular models. Both of them gained a lot of customer's appreciation and became favorite to them.
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)
For the first time, Shark Rotator comes with three features at a time. As because of it promised to combine three vacuums in one, the model NV752 made the promise true. It performs as a powerful upright, convenient canister and a lift away pod at the same time. You can use this vacuum in its traditional mode for standard cleaning jobs. Or by using the lift away feature you can separate the canister from the head for the floor to ceiling cleaning.
Do you know what the most attracting part of the body is? Okay, I will give the answer; it is the lift away feature. A wand detaches and the canister of the body part of the vacuum made it a nice combination. As a result, it transforms into a more portable canister style device. Here you can get Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet NV752 Review.
- It can use as a lift away canister, convenient canister and powerful upright for your needs.
- It has very good cleaning performance on both carpet and bare floor.
- An ideal choice for cleaning pet hair picks up pet hair and debris perfectly.
- Its HEPA filtration prevents allergens from coming back out.
- The swivel feature makes it easy to maneuver on the carpet and bare floors.
- Few customers claimed the suction power is not too good.
- There might be come a question with the durability of the plastic parts.
Dyson DC65 Animal Complete
The Dyson has come with an impressive technology by eliminating the need of having a filter. It definitely removes the extra step of replacing or washing the filter. But the advantage of having this even after years of use your device will not lose its suction power. With this mind, they dub a new mechanical filter system named cinematic technology.
All the cinematic tips oscillate drives at a very high speed and remove fine particles from the airflow. In this way, the dust can't grow over time and causes any damage to the vacuum lose its suction power. In effect, this model has added with the top iconic Dyson ball shape for its improved maneuverability.
- Feature counter-rotating heads with brushes remove hair and dirt from upholstery.
- Come with lots of essential tools including multi-angle brush, soft dusting brush, etc.
- Result 25% more power drives bristles deeper into carpets.
- Its telescoping wand and hose give a long reach to clean stairs, walls ceilings, etc.
- A perfect choice for removing deep down dirt and pet hair.
- It might break after a few uses.
- As it made of good materials, the price is a little bit high.
Similarities and Dissimilarities between the Two Models
- Shark Rotator NV752 is the latest member of Shark vacuum cleaner family. I would like to mention here Shark adds a handful of worthwhile improvements in this new model. This feature has made the Original Rotator Lift-away so popular. In particular, Rotator Powered device earned most of its reputation for its swivel steering and lift away feature. For this reason, this is the most versatile uprights around so far. Further, Dyson DC65 has the similar kind of performance but more improved than the previous DC58.
- In terms of Shark and Dyson, the mechanical components or performance for both the new and old one are nearly identical. Next, I will tell you the most significant change of the vacuum. That is the updated form of the functionality of Shark Rotator. This has made it easier than ever for users to switch between the canister and upright modes. In opposite Dyson has the missing of this feature. Isn't it an advantage for you as you can pull off the canister without even turning the machine off. Another thing is some minor aesthetic and functional changes come in Shark model. It comes with an attractive, updated appearance with more rounded edges and burgundy color of the scheme.
- As we know there are some hard to reach places we can't go normally and face a great deal of trouble, this is a plus point there. Especially you will get the benefit for the stairs or the interior of car areas.
Check the Solid Comparison between Shark vs. Dyson
Though many people call it a comparison but when it's come to a competition of shark and dyson, it's not a battle at all. As because both of these brands are very popular and they provide some available best vacuum cleaners in the market. For this reason, the choice you make totally depends on your budget and on your need. Decide what you need most first, the attachment and vacuum tools, the power or the features incorporated into the design.
If you are going to differentiate between shark vs dyson based on vacuum suction power, each of them come with a different suction power. In this regard, each of the brands measures the suction in a different way. Sometimes it became difficult to figure out which one is the best. So let's see how you can make a simple decision instead of doing scientific number jumbo calculations.
At first, let's find out how Dyson define their suction power. With this in mind, Dyson prefers to measure their cleaner suction in Air watts. In opposite Shark does this job only by the watts of their cleaners in their marketing materials. You should know American manufacturers use watts for measurement while for European manufacturers air watts are the European test standard. Don't confuse it. To get the maximum performance you have to buy dyson upright vacuums of 100 air watts. For example, if you compare it in shark vs dyson, Dyson DC50 has 180 air watts and DC65 has 245 air watts, you see the superior difference. At the same way, you will get 28 air watts or 100 air watts for Dyson DC59 motorhead and most of the animal models in boost mode feature.
These kinds of vacuums used to be small and lightweight in comparison to full sized vacuums. On the opposite side, most of the shark vacuums come in the range between 500 to 2000 watts. Further Shark Rotator and Nevigator usually come in at 1200 watts. Alongside all the Deluxe pro and Truepet series, contain 500 watts. These kinds of shark vacuums are on the lower end, they don't need much power and are very small in comparison.
See the Features
If you judge between Shark and dyson vacuums used to have an articulating base plate. This feature is obviously a plus point because you don't have to make any manual adjustment when going from hardwood or bare floors to carpet. It doesn't matter if it been a deep pile shag. In general, the base plate moves up and down by itself into a position, you don't need to do it manually. But if you compare this with Shark vacuum cleaner that is quite different from it. In the case of Shark vacuum cleaners, you have to change manually the height of the brush roll or base plate. Even for the newer models, this just means a task of pushing a button.
Second of all a huge difference lies in many popular vacuums like Shark Rotator models. They add a handheld and canister option along with the upright. Besides Dysons have some fancy tools and the hose they provide are much longer in case of shark and dyson. Regardless this some common upright models of dyson like DC50, DC40, and DC65 don't have the option to convert into a handheld or canister.
Then again, some features come with the Shark but not with Dyson that may matter to you. Likewise, many latest versions of Shark offer headlights and their hoses are long enough to go up the stairs without dragging the whole machine. You will be glad to know dyson hoses are much longer than Shark.
Include Cyclone Technology
This is, of course, great news for vacuum users both of these brands improved with cyclone technology recently. It refers the dirt will spin around inside the machine. As a result, the unit will not clog up frequently during use. Moreover, in comparison, Dyson gained a bonus because their new models add a feature of two tiers of radial cones and perform better in this arena.
Warranty and Price
There are few similarities and dissimilarities between the comparisons of shark vs dyson. In the comparison Dyson pales in competition, they offer 5 years parts and labor warranty on most of their devices. Rather Shark offers anywhere from five to seven years guarantee on most of their machines.
Whichever happens, this will definitely save a huge amount of cost in warranty facts. Different from dyson vacuum cleaners are expensive though they offer a great warranty to back up. If you consider the price all the reviews say they worth the price and built to last longer. On the other side, Shark vacuums are inexpensive in comparison. So if you want to pick a vacuum based on price, Shark will win the race just because they are so cheap. Furthermore, Dyson has a great value if you can spend more.
Available Vacuum Cleaners in the Market
Let's have a quick look at various kinds of vacuum cleaners in the market. This will let you know which types will go for you for your needs. So follow below-
In the comparison between Dyson vs shark vacuum, you should know at first which kind of vacuum cleaners are available near your areas. It might happen you need something and that is rare to find in your area. Well, let's come to the main point. To start with, canister vacuums are the most common vacuum cleaners in the country of China, Russia, and Europe. Here the compartments or the bags hold the dust well from the motor. In particular, the main features of these are the possibility to attach different heads. Thus, these are suitable for different jobs. Then these come as a single unit usually mounted on two wheels. Some latest models come with special heads which can be used to clean for furniture dust, hardwood floors, carpets etc.
In US/UK, this is the most demandable cleaning device. Let alone the unit based on a single segment stick that supports the handle and recipient to hold all the dirt. A rotating brush roll usually comes with it to swipe away the surfaces and collect all the dust. According to the structural design, there are two types direct fan cleaners and fan bypass cleaners. In this addition, the direct fan uprights use less power and have less cleaning power while the fan bypass uprights require two times more powerful to run. Well, you can use these upright vacuums for both floor and carpet cleaning activities in the case.
Wet Dry Vacuum
You will find these vacuums as a cylinder and usually used to clean wet stain and liquids. However, these are suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage. You will like this to know here you have the options to reverse the airflow, blow the dust and garbage instead of sucking it. Thus, it is easier to gather all the dirt into a corner and get it out. Further, these are kind of little bit cheap.
In these days, a new trend comes in the market. Moreover, the advantage of using this is the movement algorithm. These use a strong artificial intelligence method to achieve a homogeneous cleaning of the entire floor and safely return to the docking station for battery recharge.
In comparison of shark and dyson, both brands have some good quality handheld vacuums. This vacuum cleaners is more useful to bring usability in cleaning up your clothing, complex furniture piece, between sofa cushions and car. You might agree with me almost all of us have narrow space at our houses we can’t simply reach with a canister or upright vacuum. There these will help you a lot. You can easily remove stains, spills, pet hairs etc with this handheld vacuum cleaner.
To conclude many owners of shark vacuums are very satisfied with their purchase and mentioned they never regret with the performance. If you went to compare them in size and portability then the difference between dyson vs shark model will become more about personal preference. Nonetheless, in terms of competition between shark vs dyson vacuum whether you choose shark or dyson, the decision should take based on your needs.
In this case, you should weight on factors as like budget, ease of use, performance, portability, areas to clean like pet hair, carpets etc. Above all both of them are popular among the vacuum cleaner users. Still, you want to put them on judge Shark will give dyson a stiff competition on the comparison of price and performance.