Porcelain tile is not like the others tile as it is fired at much higher temperature than the ceramic tile. So, cleaning the porcelain tile floors is quite different to cleaning other surfaces. It is a low-order glass having some unique ingredients. The porcelain tile is extremely water resistant as it absorbs less than 0.5% of moisture. So, this tile is more stain resistant. At the same time, it penetrates more dirt on the surface.
But in a whole, it is one of the easiest floors you can care of without hiring any special cleaners. You do not need to appoint any sealants cleaners to make clean your Porcelain tile floors. You just have to know how to clean porcelain tile floors and what are the easiest steps of this cleaning. And believe me; these steps are not very hard to follow.
In the light of my previous few years experience in the cleaning world, I am going to share here those easy steps of porcelain tile floors cleaning. So, let’s check out!
Tools and Materials You Need to Clean Porcelain Tile Floors
Before going to detail procedure about how to clean porcelain tile floors, you need to know what tools and materials you have to have at the time cleaning. So, consider the following material to have to you so that you can avoid any rush purchasing at the time of cleaning.
- Sponge mop
- ¼ cup vinegar with 2 gallons hot water
- Porcelain tile cleaner or
- All purpose household cleaner
How to clean porcelain tile floors?
Generally, we can see three types of porcelain tile used in covering the household surface. They are namely:
- Unpolished/Unglazed Porcelain Tiles
- Textured Porcelain Tiles
- Polished/Glazed Porcelain Tiles
The cleaning procedures of these different types of Porcelain Tiles are obviously different. So, you have to have also this very preparation which is suitable for your porcelain tile floor.
Let’s see what types of steps you have to follow for what types of Porcelain Tile.
Cleaning Unpolished/Unglazed Porcelain Tiles Floors
Sweep the floor with a dry dust mop
- Remove the dirt and dust from your floor’s surface first. Do not use a broom. Use a dry dust mop rather than a broom. The broom may cause the scratching on your tile floor.
- Start the use of the dust mop from any corners of your room. If you can remove the dirt and dust of your tile floors perfectly, then your next cleaning steps will be easier.
Mop the floor with a mild cleaning solution
- As a next step of removing dirt and dust, you can use now a mild cleaning solution on your porcelain tile floor. It will help you to get rid of any dirt and stains.
- You may purchase a commercial cleaning solution or make your own using water and vinegar flowingly:
- Combine two gallons of warm water and ¼ cup white vinegar to make a cleaning solution at home. After making, mop the floor with it. Let then five to ten minutes to go to sit for. The vinegar can deodorize, disinfect, and clean your tile floor.
Rinse and Scrub the floor
- To scrub at any stains, Use a soft bristle brush now. Scrub in circular motions on the stains area till they are not completely removed.
- Then wipe away and find out whether any cleaner solution remains on your floor. After that, rinse the floor perfectly with hot water.
- But don’t allow the cleanser to sit on the tiles floor after 10 minutes. Because it could damage the tile even.
Dry the floor well
- Dry the floor with a clean towel. Be sure that you dry it thoroughly and there is no puddle of water or water spots on the floor now.
- You can also dry your floor opening windows of your room and using a fan.
Cleaning Polished/Glazed Porcelain Tile Floors
Use with a dust mop to sweep the floor
- Sweep the floor using a vacuum or a dry dust mop to remove dust on the porcelain tile floors.
- A microfiber mop can also be used for this purpose, as it is very gentle on the tiles.
- Brooms with plastic bristles or straw are too harsh and can scratch the tile.
Use a soft nylon brush to remove dirt
- You can apply an old toothbrush or a nylon cleaning brush to remove any dirt. You can also remove dark spots by them.
- To remove surface dirt use with hot water to get wet the floor and then use the brush.
- Scrub on the tile in a circular motion. Make sure that the tile is damp when you are going to scrub it.
- Do not scrub any dry tiles. , it may scratch the tile.
Use a cleaning solution for removing stains
- If you find out any stains on your polished porcelain tiles, use a cleaning solution to remove them
- You can apply a homemade cleaning solution making with white vinegar and water. The professional cleaning solution is also available at the hardware store which you can choose to use.
Mop the floor
- As a finishing step of your porcelain tile floors cleaning, mop the tiles floor with a floor cleaner.
- Use a mild cleaning solution. It is safe for use on polished or glazed porcelain tiles.
- Use hot water to mop the floor before the cleaner dries up on the tiles. Otherwise, your cleaner may become stain and damage the tiles.
Dry and buff the floor
- Use a clean towel or a microfiber cloth to dry the floor properly.
- Make sure having no puddles of water or water spots remaining on the tiles.
Cleaning Textured Porcelain Tiles Floors
To clean up your textured porcelain tiles floor, you can follow the following steps:
- Use a soft-bristled broom to sweep the floor.
- Use a mild cleaning solution to mop the floor.
- Apply a soft, nylon brush to Scrub the floor.
- Use clean water to Rinse the floor.
You are now informed with all the necessary steps of how to clean porcelain tile floors. But never skip the steps of how to clean porcelain tile floors without streaks. You can also different type of vacuums for tile and stairs.It is important for your porcelain tile floors cleaning. Actually, porcelain tile floors’ cleaning is not a very tough task. Just make sure that you are not any scratching on your tiles.